NEW YORK (AP) — Ariana Grande will perform at the MTV Video Music Awards on Aug. 24.
MTV announced Wednesday the pop singer is the first performer for the awards show, which will air live from the Forum in Inglewood, California.
Grande's current single, "Problem," has reached double platinum status and peaked at No. 2 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. It features white-hot rapper Iggy Azalea.
MTV reprised its popular countdown show "Total Request Live" for one day for Grande on Wednesday. It was dubbed "Total Ariana Live."
The 20-year-old Grande will release her sophomore album, "My Everything," a day after the VMAs.
Grande was the star of the Nickelodeon sitcoms "Victorious" and "Sam & Cat." Her 2013 debut single was the Top 10 hit "The Way."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore