Kicking off with two performances at the
"We saw a lot of people in a lot of cities," said Staff Sgt.
"The small towns were great," said Drill Team member Airman 1st Class
The high point of the tour was the Drill Team's two performances surrounded by tourists in front of
"Just being in front of the monument and drilling there... there was so much patriotism during that performance," said Ferguson.
Known for their precision, discipline and ability to inspire awe, the Drill Team Airmen performed their routines, tossing bayonet-mounted M1 Garand rifles back and forth while in tight formation.
Their skills and abilities weren't lost on their audiences.
"No matter how many times I see any military show, I still get that lump in my throat from the deep pride and appreciation that I have for all our servicemembers," said
In many of the locations, the Drill Team performed prior to Max Impact, the rock ensemble of the
Max Impact performed original music and cover songs from a variety of genres, performing seven concerts in seven days.
"This is a diplomacy mission and music helps open doors," said Senior Master Sgt.
"The tour was a lot of work, a lot of miles and a lot of fun," said Tech. Sgt.
Upon completion of the tour, both groups agreed it was a success.
"We had a lot of team work with Max Impact and it went flawlessly," said Drill Team Flight Commander Capt.
"It was an honor for us to carry the
The Drill Team is the traveling component of the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard. Comprised of 26 Airmen, or the top 10 percent of the Honor Guard, the team promotes the
Max Impact is the premier rock band and one of six musical ensembles of the
For more information about the
by 1st Lt.
TNS 30FurigayJane-140702-4787567 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel