FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Ms.
The following is a copy of a letter to the Speaker of the
Alternate OSD Federal Register Liaison Officer,
See Illustration in Original Document.
Transmittal No. 14-25
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act, as amended
(i) Prospective Purchaser:
(ii) Total Estimated Value: GOES
Major Defense Equipment*....
(iii) Description and Quantity or Quantities of Articles or Services under Consideration for Purchase: 5
(v) Prior Related Cases, if any: FMS case UEJ-$110M-3Mar10
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology Contained in the Defense Article or Defense Services Proposed to be Sold: See Attached Annex
(viii) Date Report Delivered to
* as defined in Section 47(6) of the Arms Export Control Act
The Government of
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of
The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The principal contractors will be
Implementation of this proposed sale may require the assignment of an additional three
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
Transmittal No. 14-25
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act
Annex, Item No. vii
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology:
1. The UH-60M Black Hawk helicopter is a medium lift aircraft which includes two T700-GE-701D Engines. The Navigation System for each helicopter will have Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System (EGIs), two Digital Advanced Flight Control Systems (DAFCS), one ARN-149 Automatic Direction Finder, one ARN-147 (VOR/ILS marker Beacon System), one ARN-153 Tactical Navigation (TACAN), two air data computers, one Star Safire III Forward Looking Infrared Radar System, and one Radar Altimeter system. The communication equipment will include the AN/APX-118 or AN/APX-123 Identification Friend of Foe (IFF) system. The AN/ARC-210 RT-8100 Series Very/Ultra High Frequency (V/UHF) radio will be included in the UH-60M configuration. Exportable High Frequency or Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS) radio capability may be included in the future.
2. The AN/APX-118 or AN/APX-123 Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Transponder is capable of Modes 1, 2, 3, 3a and 4. The system is Unclassified unless loaded with IFF Mode 4 keying material, in which case it will become classified Secret.
3. The AN/ARC-210 RT-8100 Series radio is a V/UHF voice and data capable radio using commercial encryption.
4. The Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System (EGI) unit H-764G provides GPS and INS capabilities to the aircraft. The EGI will include Selective Availability anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) security modules to be used for secure GPS Precise Positioning Service if required.
5. The Star Safire III Forward Looking Infrared Radar System is a long-range, multi-sensor infrared imaging radar system. It is considered non-standard equipment for the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. It will be used to enhance night flying and provide a level of safety for the VIP passengers during night flights. The hardware is Unclassified. Rangefinder performance and signal transfer function for the Infrared Imager are considered Confidential.
6. If a technologically advanced adversary were to obtain knowledge of the specific hardware and software elements, the information could be used to develop countermeasures or equivalent systems which might reduce weapon system effectiveness or be used in the development of a system with similar or advanced capabilities.
7. A determination has been made that the recipient country can provide the same degree of protection for the sensitive technology being released as the
8. All defense articles and services listed in this transmittal have been authorized for release and export to the Government of
Citation: "79 FR 38014"
Document Number: "Transmittal Nos. 14-25"
Federal Register Page Number: "38014"
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya