In economic news, sentiment among Chinese consumers increased in July, the results of a survey by MNI and Westpac showed.
The Westpac-MNI consumer sentiment index rose to 114.8 in July from 112.6 in June.
Against the greenback, the yuan rose to nearly a 1-1/2-month high of 6.1781. At yesterday's close, the yuan was trading at 6.1805 against the greenback.
If the yuan extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 6.14 area.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry