In economic news, sentiment among Chinese consumers increased in July, the results of a survey by MNI and Westpac showed.
The Westpac-MNI consumer sentiment index rose to 114.8 in July from 112.6 in June.
Against the greenback, the yuan rose to nearly a 1-1/2-month high of 6.1781. At yesterday's close, the yuan was trading at 6.1805 against the greenback.
If the yuan extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 6.14 area.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry