Earlier this month, the
The debarment of the two Dutch companies represents an extension of existing debarments already imposed on the same entities and individuals for similar misconduct in other countries.
"Managing fraud and corruption risks through corporate compliance and preventive work in development projects is a priority particularly in conflict-affected situations where needs for services and infrastructure cannot be excused or delayed. These decisions by the Sanctions Board reaffirm the Bank's commitment to maintaining a strong focus on the impact of the development dollar on behalf of beneficiaries and shareholders," said
The debarment of these companies qualifies for cross-debarment by other multilateral development banks under the Agreement of Mutual Recognition of Debarments that was signed on
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140730-30FurigayJane-4812391 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million