The Dow Jones industrial average rose 29 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,011 on Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 climbed two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,981. The Nasdaq gained nine points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,454.
The U.S. releases gross domestic product figures for the April-June quarter on Wednesday. The world's largest economy is expected to pick up after a severe winter dampened growth.
The Federal Reserve issues a statement after wrapping up a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday. On Thursday, a report on
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller