The Dow Jones industrial average rose 29 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,011 on Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 climbed two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,981. The Nasdaq gained nine points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,454.
The U.S. releases gross domestic product figures for the April-June quarter on Wednesday. The world's largest economy is expected to pick up after a severe winter dampened growth.
The Federal Reserve issues a statement after wrapping up a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday. On Thursday, a report on
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists