The Dow Jones industrial average rose 29 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,011 on Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 climbed two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,981. The Nasdaq gained nine points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,454.
The U.S. releases gross domestic product figures for the April-June quarter on Wednesday. The world's largest economy is expected to pick up after a severe winter dampened growth.
The Federal Reserve issues a statement after wrapping up a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday. On Thursday, a report on
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green