In the financial results, UBA recorded a gross earnings of N138 billion, representing an increase of 8.66 percent over the N127 billion recorded in the same period in 2013.
Growth in gross earnings was boosted by an 11 percent increase in interest income to N98.5 billion in the first half of 2014 from N88.6 billion in the comparative period of 2013.
There were also increases in other financial indices; Net interest income was up 3.4 percent to N55.2 billion, non-interest income rose 3.1 percent to N39.8 billion; operating income was up 2.7 percent to N92.2 billion and profits stood at N29 billion for the period.
Commenting on the results, Phillips Oduoza, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, assured that the
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say