New Montgomery County Online Budget Tool Recognized as a National Model. County Councilmember Hans Riemer's Open Data Initiative Shows Continued Progress Through Innovative Web Site
The Montgomery County Government has unveiled a new online budget tool that is already becoming a national model for financial and budget transparency. The budget tool is the result of a partnership between the County Government and Socrata, the company that provides the technology for
The new site is available via the County web site at: http://budget.data.montgomerycountymd.gov/
Montgomery County Councilmember Hans Riemer, the Council's lead member for digital government and the chief sponsor of legislation to create a County open data initiative, praised the new tool that will help residents more easily find budget information.
"I am pleased to see
Some of the key highlights of the new budget tool include:
Allows residents to digitally navigate the current and past budgets with interactive graphs and charts. Enhanced search capability and optimized for mobile, tablet and desktop. Translatable into more than 90 languages. Future modules of the tool will include spending and procurement data.
"It is a great step forward for
Councilmember Riemer's work on open data has been described by
The tool is powered by raw data from dataMontgomery, an initiative called for in the Open Data Act of 2012, which was authored by Councilmember Riemer. This fall, the
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140730-30FurigayJane-4812894 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy