Ahead of her Thursday performance at the Ohio State Fair, the Queen of Soul says she's looking forward to tracking down some elephant ears, a dish of fried dough sprinkled with powdered sugar.
There may be plenty of opportunities for fried treats ahead, given that her 2014 tour also includes performances at the
After some health issues, the 72-year-old R&B diva says she's feeling as good as she did in her 50s. She's taking French lessons and studying classical piano with a Julliard graduate.
She says she plans to perform many of her hits and selections from an upcoming CD.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo