Holding dialogue with
Lagarde told a group of reporters that
Her remarks come amid Japanese and U.S. concerns that
Lagarde said she sees the initiative as "obviously for the purpose of financing infrastructure."
"There has to be cooperation between the various players" in building a new entity, she said. "What we are learning from all the exercise of multilateral surveillance, spillover work, is that people have to work together."
She noted as an example how the IMF helped when
Lagarde said she also plans to discuss ways to push for more women to be active in the workforce when she visits
The first female leader of the
Abe has set a goal of raising the proportion of women in leading positions to at least 30 percent by 2020.
At the moment, the IMF has no plans to provide additional aid.
In March, the IMF reached a staff-level agreement with
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits