The company said the funds will be used to invest in expansion, especially in mobile technology.
Flipkart is sometimes called the Amazon of
Among the investors in the recent fundraising round are
The funding will help the business develop into a "technology powerhouse," the Bansals said in a statement Tuesday.
Flipkart says it has 22 million registered users and handles 5 million shipments per month.
Flipkart itself recently acquired Indian online fashion retailer Myntra to strengthen market share.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film