The company posted a pretax profit of
Revenue growth was driven by continued collaboration and milestone payments from its partnerships with
The company said that it had progressed 10 clinical trials during the period, including a Phase III registration study of its HMPL-004 compound for ulcerative colitis, and Phase II proof of concept studies for AZD6094 in papillary renal cell carcinoma and fruquintinib in third-line colorectal and non-small cell lung cancer.
Hutchinson China said that the prospects for each of its businesses remain promising. In its healthcare division, it said it would continue to benefit from declining raw material prices, synergies from its new commercial structure and China's low-price drug policy.
In its drug research and development division, it expects progress in its pipeline to lead to "step-change" value creation, and expects to continue profitability in consumer products.
Shares in Hutchinson were trading down 3.6% at
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals