The initiative, GTExpress, a partnership between the bank and
The bank has rolled out in 14
According to the Managing Director of
"The unbanked sector of the economy presents a significant growth area for banks in emerging markets. Our objective is to offer banking products and services to this segment via non-banking outlets thus breaking down barriers to financial inclusion such as accessibility and cost.
"This is a great step in achieving a more inclusive financial services industry," he said.
"We are pleased with the GTBank partnership as it reinforces our vision of being a one stop shop whilst affirming the wide reach of our retail network.
"With this alliance our customers who patronize
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities