The index climbed 0.3 per cent to close at 6,807.75, recovering from a 0.1 per cent fall on Monday.
Car-parts maker GKN rallied 6.7 per cent to 366p, after it posted an increase in first-half profit, making it one of the leading advancers. Retailer Next rose 2.6 per cent to 6,690p, after a strong second quarter prompted it to boost its earnings guidance.
However, shares in
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say