Risk is considered above average for the sector due to the long construction cycle and direct exposure to macroeconomic conditions. The disparity between the financial and operating performance of Brazilian homebuilders has resulted in a wide disparity of ratings within the sector.
The report also includes a review of financial factors. Cash burn, measured as net debt variation, is an important gauge of credit trends, as it often reflects free cash flow generation. Positively, the net debt of those Brazilian homebuilders rated by Fitch declined by
The continued growing level of sales contract cancellations is one of the main concerns for Brazilian homebuilders and remains a key component of credit analysis, as the high cancellation levels have hurt cash flow generation against expectations and have driven up the cost of carrying inventory.
This report is available at www.fitchratings.com or by clicking the link above.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
Fitch Ratings Brasil Ltda.
Praca XV de Novembro, 20 - Sala 401 B - Centro -
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays