The company said revenues were supported by a 4% increase in Specialty Products' sales, with personal care products sales volumes increasing 21% and growth in both North American and
As such, the company increased its interim dividend by 5% to
The news comes after the company noted in February that short-term weather issues hurt its North American based coatings, oilfield and chromium businesses in January and February, as snow and unusually cold temperatures disrupted transportation and caused some customers to temporarily close plants.
"The group's strategy of creating its own growth opportunities combined with its strong and diverse market positions has helped to offset the first quarter weather issues that impacted our Coatings, Oilfield and Chromium chemical businesses in
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore