The first product launch from start-up
"The invention is the system," said
The life-like movements and expressions are by design according to lead hardware architect
The much anticipated Internet of Things is getting a thought-provoking twist. "Droidles is the Internet of things, for the things, and by the things, not just more of people's stuff sending status messages to a website. The Droidles are in charge of this IoT!" said Hurley.
Asked about why the entire Droidles platform is open source, Hurley says, "We're not open sourcing the project just to be nice; it's a core feature of the product. All owners will benefit because the most amazing behaviors will come from creative users across the world. Our job is to make the platform easy to use so more people can participate."
To learn more about Droidles, visit the Droidles funding campaign on IndieGoGo, https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/droidles, or visit http://www.droidles.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12014011.htm
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release