DISH Network will pick up a leadership award at the Hispanic Television Summit in October, the company announced Monday.
The satellite service provider has won a Leadership in Hispanic Television Award in the provider/advertiser category for its DishLATINO brand. The summit's awards will be presented at a luncheon at the New York Marriott Marquis on Oct. 2.
The summit attracts more than 500 top industry executives from the U.S., Latin America and Europe, according to a news release.
DishLATINO has "an impressive financial commitment to advertising and promoting (its) services to Hispanic consumers," Louis Hillelson, vice-president and group publisher of the presenting publications, said in the release.
The brand provides programming networks in Spanish and English for Hispanic audiences, and has become a leading advertiser to U.S. Hispanics, according to the release.
Alfredo Rodriguez, DishLATINO vice president, will accept the award on the company's behalf. He leads a team responsible for acquisition, retention and brand strategies.
The Hispanic pay TV provider offers more than 60 ethnic channels, along with Hispanic and Spanish-language programming.
The Hispanic Television Summit is produced by The Schramm Marketing Group of New York City.
To register for the summit or to ask about speaking opportunities, click here or contact Jennifer Ware at 917-281-4718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say