The program commemorates the sesquicentennial, or 150th anniversary, of the Civil War and will be held
The ladies of the Tar Heel Civilians will portray and discuss the role of women in roles such as nurses, rolling bandages and gathering supplies to make and send hospital boxes. In addition to battle wounds, many soldiers died because of infection or illness due to lack of modern medical technology.
To commemorate the sesquicentennial of the Civil War,
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists