WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'nuhr) says the House has no plans to impeach President Barack Obama. He says talk of impeachment is all a scam by Democrats at the White House.
Boehner says Democrats are trying to rally their supporters ahead of November's mid-term elections to give money and show up to vote.
Some Republicans have said Obama would open the door to impeachment if he takes steps to end deportations of large numbers of immigrants here illegally, as the White House is contemplating. Other Republicans, including former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, already are calling for Obama to be impeached.
White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer say the White House is taking impeachment talk seriously.
Original headline: Boehner calls impeachment talk Democratic 'scam'
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays