Beyoncé fueled rumors that her marriage to Jay Z is in trouble after being spotted apartment shopping in NYC without him.
The New York Daily News reports the "Bow Down" singer was seen checking out a $21 million penthouse in Chelsea. The five-bedroom, five-bathroom duplex reportedly has panoramic views of the city and the Hudson River.
Beyonce and Jay Z currently live in an 8,000-square-foot apartment in Tribeca. Because the singer's latest real state venture comes amid rumors the couple is dealing with marital issues, some outlets believe the apartment would be Beyonce's bachelorette pad.
Speculation about the pair's problems began in May after a video of Beyonce's sister Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator surfaced online. Rumors intensified in July after Blind Gossip posted an article believed to be about the couple that said their marriage was a business arrangement and that it would end as soon as the couple's joint tour, On The Run, is finished.
While the couple has failed to address reports head on, the "Single Ladies" singer shared an unusual family photo on her Instagram page last week, perhaps in response to the rumors.
Original headline: Beyonce Knowles seen apartment shopping in NYC without Jay Z
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits