Beyoncé fueled rumors that her marriage to Jay Z is in trouble after being spotted apartment shopping in NYC without him.
The New York Daily News reports the "Bow Down" singer was seen checking out a $21 million penthouse in Chelsea. The five-bedroom, five-bathroom duplex reportedly has panoramic views of the city and the Hudson River.
Beyonce and Jay Z currently live in an 8,000-square-foot apartment in Tribeca. Because the singer's latest real state venture comes amid rumors the couple is dealing with marital issues, some outlets believe the apartment would be Beyonce's bachelorette pad.
Speculation about the pair's problems began in May after a video of Beyonce's sister Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator surfaced online. Rumors intensified in July after Blind Gossip posted an article believed to be about the couple that said their marriage was a business arrangement and that it would end as soon as the couple's joint tour, On The Run, is finished.
While the couple has failed to address reports head on, the "Single Ladies" singer shared an unusual family photo on her Instagram page last week, perhaps in response to the rumors.
Original headline: Beyonce Knowles seen apartment shopping in NYC without Jay Z
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s