Atlantis' comments come after the
The DECC document confirmed that the government will provide a minimum level of support for 100 Megawatts of capacity via wave and tidal stream projects applying for support via the mechanisms during the period.
MeyGen is 100%-owned by Atlantis.
"These technologies have the potential to make a significant contribution to our decarbonisation targets and our energy security post-2020 but are in a particularly unique position," Atlantis said in a statement.
The company added that "the Government believes that wave and tidal stream technologies are the only technologies that warrant a minimum in this Delivery Plan period."
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine