Asian shares touched fresh three-year highs on Tuesday as investors in the region drew encouragement from a rally in Chinese markets, though caution was widespread given the torrent of U.S. economic news still to come this week, Reuters said.
The CSI300 of the leading
Meanwhile, the dollar held close to a six-month peak against a basket of its peers, having gone virtually nowhere as investors kept to the sidelines ahead of a policy review by the Federal Reserve.
The euro was pinned near an eight-month trough of
Against the yen, the dollar was steady at 101.86, while the common currency barely budged at 136.84.
In commodities, gold was idling at
Oil prices dipped as signs of excess supplies of
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays