Asian stocks rose for a third day, ahead of a U.S. Federal Reserve meeting starting today.
The Hang Seng Index in
The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index of mainland stocks traded in
Nissan Motor Co. climbed 1.9% after the carmaker's earnings beat analyst estimates on higher sales in
QBE Insurance Group Ltd. tumbled 11% after
Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. jumped 3.5%, capping a sixth daily advance to its highest close since
Cash Financial Services Group Ltd. soared 33% after parent Celestial Asia Securities Holdings Ltd said it's in talks with a third party interested in buying a majority stake in its stocks and futures broking unit.
China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd., the biggest mainland homebuilder traded in
The Shanghai CSI 300 index took on 7.47 points, or 0.3%, to 2,331.37
Chinese developers advanced after the
In other markets;
The Taiex Index in
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas