“The year 2013 saw two significant acquisitions in the small cell ecosystem with Cisco acquiring leading equipment vendor Ubiquisys and Intel acquiring the wireless communications semiconductor business of
“ABI Research’s market share estimate by protocol has Alcatel-Lucent leading in 3G and Contela leading in 4G while among the semiconductor vendors Broadcom leads in 3G and Cavium leads in 4G,” continues Marshall.
Part of ABI Research’s Small Cells (https://www.abiresearch.com/market-research/service/small-cells/) and Enterprise and Consumer Femtocells (https://www.abiresearch.com/market-research/service/enterprise-and-consumer-femtocells/) Research Services, these results are published in two companion reports: “Small Cell Access Points and Semiconductors: Market Shares” in which we estimate market shares by protocol and by small cell class and compare semiconductor SoC portfolios and “Small Cell Hardware Ecosystem” in which we profile the companies in the ecosystem and discuss a small cell industry roadmap and outlook.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham