“The year 2013 saw two significant acquisitions in the small cell ecosystem with Cisco acquiring leading equipment vendor Ubiquisys and Intel acquiring the wireless communications semiconductor business of
“ABI Research’s market share estimate by protocol has Alcatel-Lucent leading in 3G and Contela leading in 4G while among the semiconductor vendors Broadcom leads in 3G and Cavium leads in 4G,” continues Marshall.
Part of ABI Research’s Small Cells (https://www.abiresearch.com/market-research/service/small-cells/) and Enterprise and Consumer Femtocells (https://www.abiresearch.com/market-research/service/enterprise-and-consumer-femtocells/) Research Services, these results are published in two companion reports: “Small Cell Access Points and Semiconductors: Market Shares” in which we estimate market shares by protocol and by small cell class and compare semiconductor SoC portfolios and “Small Cell Hardware Ecosystem” in which we profile the companies in the ecosystem and discuss a small cell industry roadmap and outlook.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World