The Riyadh Municipality has mobilized 36 teams among its Saudi female employees to ensure security at female-only venues during the Eid festivities.
Several locations have been devoted to women-only entertainment events across the city.
The teams have been tasked with ensuring security at the King Abdulaziz Historical Center, the
Festivities include theatricals and folkloric shows and other social, cultural and artistic activities.
The King Abdulaziz Center in central
The center also hosted famous female personalities at
The center hosts two Eid festivals, which integrates women participation and traditional folklore.
The festival represents cultural aspects across the entire Kingdom. A stand-up comedy performance was given by "Touch," a female group, slated to perform every day during Eid. The festival has also invited three well-known poetesses to recite two poems every night.
The festival includes many exhibits, such as the hospitality corner, artifacts, coloring, painting, henna and face-painting. The activities last
The Prince Salman Social Center, meanwhile, is holding a carnival, plays, comedy acts, folklore games and the national operetta during Eid.
The center also has poetry reading nights that hosts poetesses, female folk groups, international shows by Fashion Rock and several cultural and entertainment activities.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays