This funding opportunity uses the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Grant mechanism (R41/R42).
The estimated total program funding available was cited as
This funding opportunity is open to small businesses.
A funding opportunity notice from NIH states: "The goal of this STTR Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage research to develop the next-generation of rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) diagnostic devices.These tools must use oral biospecimens for detecting oral pathogens and biomarkers of associated oral diseases to facilitate their screening, monitoring and diagnosis.The ultimate goal is to produce highly reliable, reproducible, specific and sensitive tools for early detection and diagnosis of oral diseases, including those associated with HIV/AIDS.These methods must demonstrate superior technical performance compared with current technologies while not increasing costs and minimizing the invasiveness of specimen collection from patients."
The funding opportunity number is RFA-DE-15-001 (CFDA 93.121). The application closing date is
For more information about
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World