If earnings season had a halftime, the marching band would be getting ready to head onto the field right now.
Almost half -- 232 -- of the Standard & Poor's 500 companies, have reported second-quarter results, says earnings-tracker
Analysts are actually getting more optimistic overall as more companies report. Currently, analysts are predicting second-quarter earnings growth will come in at 6.5%,
Today could show if that added optimism is justified because nearly a tenth, or 46, of S&P 500 companies report.
Among them, finance companies
That's not to say there won't be major tech earnings news. Social message service
The earnings headline late Monday came from
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence