Yukos was dissolved by the government after its chief executive,
The shareholders initially demanded
Many of the company's assets went to state-owned oil company Rosneft.
Reacting to Monday's ruling Rosneft declared that all of its acquisitions were legal,
Khodorkovsky, who lodged several appeals at the
In a statement on his website he expressed "satisfaction" at the judgement.
"The findings were predictable for any unbiased observer of the disgraceful Basmannyi (
His only regret, Khodorkovsky said, was that the
The claim was brought by the financial holding company GML, formerly the biggest shareholder in Yukos.
GML's executive director
Both sides can appeal the ruling in a Dutch court.
The plaintiffs' lawyer
"We have no reason to believe that
The decision could further harm the Russian economy, which is already plagued by recession and by EU and US sanctions prompted by the conflict in the
The award represents more than 10% of Russian currency reserves.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Teresa Giudice of 'Real Housewives' Faces Prison Time
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students