In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 43.47 points, or 0.28 percent, from Monday to 15,572.87. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Major gainers included marine transport, utility and electric machinery shares.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules