A lot of interesting topics came up at last week’s Sprott Vancouver Natural Resource Symposium, but perhaps the most unusual presentation came from
Titled “Stock Market Time Machine: Benefit When Market Conditions Turn Hindsight into Foresight,” his talk covered how investors can use volatility — a mining industry staple — to their advantage.
Explaining how it’s possible to do so, James said that while no investor can actually go back in time, volatility can provide the same effect. How? Well, if a mining stock takes a hit for no discernible reason, it’s essentially returning to an earlier price level. So, said James, when the market fluctuates, it’s important not to panic; instead, have a shopping list ready.
On the flip side, it’s also important to know when to cash out. Too often, investors understand the logic of buying low and selling high, but fail to follow through. Urging the audience not to fall into that trap, James spoke to the merits of taking a “Casey free ride” — once your investment has doubled, recover your initial investment.
For example, James pointed to
The big question, of course, is which company will do that next. While James didn’t make any promises, he did tell attendees some of the companies he feels are poised to do well. Here’s a list of 10 of them:
• James praised Pretivm Resources (TSX: PVG,NYSE:PVG) highly, saying it has “the richest deposit on earth.” The company’s share price reached nearly
For more insights from
Securities Disclosure: I,
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays