Trading floors of
At the day's activities, NSE's Head of Market Operations, Mr Ade Ewuosho, said that one hour extension would be given for transaction, explaining that it was to give stock brokers opportunity to make up for Thursday's "loss".
However, equity transactions closed on a poor trend with the market capitalisation depreciating by N86 billion or 0.61 per cent as major stocks recorded price losses.
Also, the All-Share Index which opened at 42,544.33 dropped by 258.51 points to close at 42,285.82.
Total Oil led the losers' chart, losing N9.28 to close at N176.45 per share.
Mobil depreciated by N8.49 to close at N161.41 while
Conversely, Lafarge Wapco led the gainers' chart with a gain of N1.68 and closed the day's trading at N118.95 per share.
Portpaint also appreciated by 4k to close at N5.22 per share.
GTBank emerged as the most traded stock, accounting for 155.22 million shares worth N4.66 billion of the day's transactions.
In all, investors exchanged a total of 536.869 million shares worth N26.62 billion in 7,048 deals, representing 96.31 per cent growth.
This was against the 273.484 million shares valued at N3.076 billion traded in 4,766 deals on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation