A smartphone costing just £26 is set to take on the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy at a fraction of the cost.
The Karbonn A50S has a touchscreen display, front and rear cameras, and a dual phone number function.
It has so far only been released in
Because it is so cheap, there is no duty to pay.
It can be used on most
The phone runs on Android, the
The device has a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 256MB RAM, plus 512MB internal storage.
In comparison, the iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S5 both cost £549 in the
However they do have significantly higher memory and storage capabilities.
Karbonn is not the only firm to try to enter the budget smartphone market.
In April French firm Wiko launched a £60 phone.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry