However, both revenue and adjusted earnings per share for the quarter missed analysts' expectations. Looking ahead, the company forecast 2014 production at the high end of its guidance range.
Excluding items, adjusted net income for the quarter was
Total revenues for the quarter grew 14 percent to
Production volumes for the quarter increased 21 percent from the year-ago period and averaged 1,105 Mmcfe per day. The company noted that the increase in production volumes was despite being negatively impacted by three events, two of which were unplanned.
Year-over-year oil and condensate production increased 14 percent, while NGL production rose 111 percent and natural gas production rose 4 percent.
Meanwhile, natural gas, NGLs and oil price realizations in the quarter averaged
RRC closed Monday's trading at
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips