ENP Newswire -
Release date- 25072014 - As of
Compared with the previous month, the total assets of Georgian commercial banks increased (in current prices) by 0.6 billion GEL (or by 3.1 percent) and constituted 18.3 billion GEL. The banking sector's own funds (equity capital) equal 3.2 billion GEL, which makes up 17.5 percent of the commercial banks' total assets.
The share of foreign capital in banks' total paid-in capital constituted 78.5 percent.
The five banks with the largest assets constituted 76.1percent of the total share of assets in the banking sector.
Current statistical information is published on the NBG's website:
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes