The Mozambican bank
BES holds 44 per cent of shares in
The statement stressed that "
The bank pointed out that in the first half of this year its volume of business grew by over forty per cent and the number of staff increased by 14 per cent. In addition, both deposits and loans have increased.
It continued, "the bank's majority shareholder is Mocambique Capitais, a group of 400 Mozambicans - professionals and entrepreneurs of diverse origins and sensibilities. Mocambique Capitais is financially sound and holds management control of
The bank added, "the decisions of
BES has been hit by the financial crisis in its largest shareholder, the
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him