With traders on edge waiting for the latest clues on when the Fed might raise interest rates, slight weakness in global equity markets due to geopolitical concerns appears to be supporting the yellow metal.
It is almost universally expected the Fed will reduce quantitative easing by another
The Fed will be out with its latest rate call on Wednesday, the highlight of a busy week that also includes the July non-farm payrolls report and US GDP figures.
Gold futures for December are up
On Friday, gold futures ended up
Silver for September is up
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'