SBA Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet will speak at the 2014 National Minority Enterprise Development Week Conference in Washington, D.C., on Aug. 1, MED announced Monday.
U.S. Deputy Secretary of Commerce Bruce Andrews and MBDA National Director Alejandra Y. Castillo will also speak during the conference.
The conference recognizes outstanding achievements of leading minority entrepreneurs and organizations while connecting small-business owners to opportunities for growth, according to a news release.
About 500 small-business owners are expected to turn out for the conference, themed Connecting Business with Opportunity.
The conference offers business networking, power-learning sessions and a business-to-business matchmaking session, as well as an awards luncheon to honor minority business leaders and organizations.
The conference runs July 31-Aug. 1 at the Washington Hilton.
For more information on the 2014 MED Week Award winners and ceremony, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World