The loonie added 0.01 of a cent to
The data calendar for
In the U.S. traders will look to second quarter GDP data out Tuesday. Growth is expected to come in at an annualized pace of three per cent after severe winter weather was mainly responsible for a 2.9 per cent contraction in the first quarter.
The Federal Reserve makes its scheduled announcement on interest rates on Wednesday. Traders will look for clues about whether the Fed could move on hiking rates earlier than the middle of 2015, which is generally expected.
And on Friday, traders will consider the latest reading on the health of the American manufacturing sector from the
Canadian employment data for July will be released
Positive Chinese industrial data failed to lift oil and base metal prices.
Government data out Sunday showed a 17.9 per cent surge in net income last month compared to a year ago at
September crude on the
August bullion gained
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say