The Design & Simulation Tool for Dredge Settling Ponds & Reclamations will transform the way that engineers and regulators assess tail-water discharge characteristics, pond evolution, and overall capacity, further strengthening BMT s technical excellence in the areas of dredging, reclamation, and environmental management. A prototype of the tool has already been developed and successfully applied to aid
Utilising the state-of-the-art TUFLOW software, developed by
This tool will not only improve the understanding and confidence in the design of basins, but will also allow stakeholders to consider all of the options to ensure the design of basins, including any internal bund configurations, is optimised. This will in turn provide maximum retention of the dredge materials, whilst minimising any potential impacts on the environment through the excessive loss of material from the basin and minimisation of the basin footprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison