Regional markets in
In the economic news, new home sales in
This was driven by a 15.9% surge in sales of multi-units. However, sales of detached houses fell 1% in June.
Against the US and NZ dollars, the Australian dollar fell to 0.9391 and 1.0984 from early 4-day highs of 0.9415 and 1.1011, respectively. At yesterday's close, the aussie was trading at 0.9404 against the greenback and 1.1001 against the kiwi. If the aussie extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 0.935 against the greenback and 1.08 against the kiwi.
Pulling away from an early 4-day high of 95.89 against the yen, the aussie retreated to 95.69. The pair was quoted at 95.79 at yesterday's close. Continuation of the bearish trend may lead the aussie to a support around the 94.98 mark.
Data from the
The Australian dollar retreated to 1.0145 against the Canadian dollar and 1.4304 against the euro, from early highs of 1.0168 and 1.4270, respectively. The aussie closed yesterday's deals at 1.0153 against the loonie and 1.4286 against the euro. The aussie may test support near 1.00 against the loonie and 1.43 against the euro.
Looking ahead, US S&P/Case-Shiller home price index for May and consumer confidence index for July are due to be released in the New Yok session.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'