ENP Newswire -
Release date- 25072014 -
Spirit IT designs and sells liquid flow measurement and supervisory solutions for use in oil and gas applications. Its liquid flow computers and software deliver greater accuracy and control for well-pad automation, transportation and custody transfer applications.
Spirit IT's employees will join the global Measurement Products business unit in ABB's Process Automation division. Terms of the deal are not being disclosed but the transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2014.
'The addition of Spirit IT's products to ABB's Measurement Products portfolio will enable us to offer a more comprehensive automation solution for liquids and gas,' said
ABB's Measurement Products business unit (www.abb.com/measurement) is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its customers.
'ABB offers tremendous opportunity for Spirit IT's flow computer technology to reach a wider range of applications in the global market,' said
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
About Spirit IT
By providing innovative products and high-quality services, Spirit IT (www.spiritit.com) aims to provide leading automation solutions for oil and gas measurement. Spirit IT designs its products to be extremely accurate, reliable and to provide relevant information in an easy-to-understand way.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham