Specifically, the bank's unaudited financial results for the six months released to the
Growth in gross earnings, according to the bank, was boosted by an 11per cent increase in interest income to N98.5 billion in the first half of 2014 from N88.6 billion in the comparative period of 2013.
The bank's profits for the six months, however, stood at N29 billion, compared to N33 billion achieved in comparable period in 2013.
Net interest income rose by 3.4per cent to N55.2 billion while non-interest income increased by 3.1per cent to N39.8 billion during the same period.
Its added that the financial institution's operating income also appreciated by 2.7per cent to N92.2 billion
Commenting on the results, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank, Phillips Oduoza assured that the
"We are confident that business returns will be much better in the remaining period of the year as we continue to deploy new and innovative ways of delivering value adding products and services" said Oduoza.
"With presence in
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes