NOTWITHSTANDING the harsh business environment in the country,
This represent an increase of 38 per cent over N2.280 billion recorded in the previous year. The underwriting profit decreased by N27.1 million from N1.060 billion to N1,033 billion. This decrease is as a result of huge jump in claims and management expenses in the year when compared with the previous year.
The chairman of the company, Justice
Overall, he said, the profit after tax for the company improved from N386.785 million in 2012 to N403.603 million in 2013.
For the group, he said, the contribution of the subsidiaries to the group's profit after tax, aster deducting that attributable to non-controlling interests, increased from N38.685 million in 2012 to N51.188 in 2013.
He said the management and staff of the company are highly commended for the deep sense and display of loyalty, commitment, honesty and dedication to duty in the year.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week