NOTWITHSTANDING the harsh business environment in the country,
This represent an increase of 38 per cent over N2.280 billion recorded in the previous year. The underwriting profit decreased by N27.1 million from N1.060 billion to N1,033 billion. This decrease is as a result of huge jump in claims and management expenses in the year when compared with the previous year.
The chairman of the company, Justice
Overall, he said, the profit after tax for the company improved from N386.785 million in 2012 to N403.603 million in 2013.
For the group, he said, the contribution of the subsidiaries to the group's profit after tax, aster deducting that attributable to non-controlling interests, increased from N38.685 million in 2012 to N51.188 in 2013.
He said the management and staff of the company are highly commended for the deep sense and display of loyalty, commitment, honesty and dedication to duty in the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals