A ONE per cent rise in interest rates would cost
With the British economy set to grow by more than three per cent in 2014, the Bank of
Many economists have said that a tightening of policy will lead to many so-called zombie firms - companies relying on cheap credit - going out of business.
But even companies in stronger positions need to beware, says
"Businesses need to be realistic and start budgeting for a higher cost of debt now so that they are not caught out when interest rates do go up," Finch said.
"Rising interest rates would also have a huge impact on
The Bank of
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal