"Students and families must wade through massive and often conflicting amounts of information in order to make informed college decisions," said Rep. Foxx. "The Higher Education Act (HEA) alone requires 26 different categories of information be available, and there are many additional state and federal requirements. Our bill will streamline the overwhelming maze of information with a consumer-tested College Dashboard. The College Dashboard will provide students with key information: enrollment, completion, net price, and average loan debt and
"With college costs steadily rising, prospective students need to make informed decisions about their future; the Strengthening Transparency in Higher Education Act will help them to do just that."
The legislation passed the
Video of Rep. Foxx's remarks can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIkME5DMPLA
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140726-4810181 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities