Amazon has reported a rise in sales but posted a bigger-than-expected
"We continue working hard on making the Amazon customer experience better and better," said Amazon's chief executive officer,
Shares of Amazon dipped 10%, to
The company has long argued it is focusing on building a business for the long-term and shown little concern about losses. Along with the phone and groceries, it introduced Zocalo, a document storage and sharing service, and a programme to give readers access to as many ebooks as they want for a monthly fee.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'