A special event at the State Capitol to celebrate
"I am pleased the
While smaller ensembles of the
The event will also include the rededication and lighting ceremony for the newly restored stained glass in the Capitol. The project to restore the historic stained glass skylights that began last year is expected to be completed in September when the final restored panels will return to the Capitol.
The statehood celebration event will take place at
The event will be open and free to the public. General admission seating will be available with a ticketed reservation. The details and availability date for reserving seating tickets will be made available in the future. Standing room only will be available on the marble grand staircase and in the balconies above the rotunda floor.
The evening statehood celebration will be the final event in the Capitol that day. A rededication of the newly refurbished First Ladies Inaugural Gown exhibit is scheduled for
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities