Thanks to new mobile terminations rates, which halved the price the mobile operator can charge its customers for carrying calls from other networks,
The company said service revenue from
It added that service revenue rose 2%, excluding the impact of mobile termination rates.
Group CEO of
Mobile data revenue, which includes M-Pesa, the mobile phone based money transfer service, grew 51.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World