Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: 65-- TWO (2) MEDICAL MICROSCOPES
Classification Code: 65 - Medical, dental & veterinary equipment & supplies
Solicitation Number: VA24014R0063
Contact: Michael HaydoPCO East 323 North Shore Dr Pittsburgh PA, 15212 mailto:Michael.Haydo@va.gov
VA Service Area Organization East
VA Service Area Organization East
This is not a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought synopsis only. The purpose of this synopsis is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification (hubzone, 8(a), small, small disadvantage, or service disabled veteran owned small business) relative to NACIS 339112 (size standard of 500 employees). Responses to this synopsis will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought synopsis, a solicitation announcement may be published on the Fedbizopps website. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses to a potential solicitation announcement. All interested offers will have to respond to the actual solicitation announcement, in addition to responding to this sources sought announcement.The Government contemplates awarding a one-time supply purchase with firm-fixed unit prices resulting from a future solicitation. The contract shall consist of the purchase of one (1) Leica Super Resolution (SR) Ground State Depletion (GSD) 3D Microscope and one (1) Leica True Confocal Scanner (TCS) Spectral (SPE) Laser Scanning confocal Microscope or another brand that meets or exceed the characteristics listed in these specifications. This requirement also includes delivery, installation, and training on all purchased equipment. A Government solicitation document for these items and incidental services is being developed, and a contract may or may not result.
One (1) Leica SR GSD 3D Microscope:
- Ground State Depletion microscopy followed by individual molecule return (GSDIM) technology.
- A 160x Lens that is used for capture. Is to be assembled mechanically with no glue or cement so that the lasers do not burn the lens.
- Automatic Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF) alignment.
- SuMo (Suppressed Motion) Stage in which the objective is coupled directly to the stage.
- Cylindrical lens housed in magnification changer for automatic and precise positioning.
- The ability to take 3D live image rendering in mid acquisition.
- Online display of super resolution images.
- Leica Application Suite Advanced Fluo-rescence (LAS AF GSD) software or equal.
One (1) Leica TCS SPE confocal microscope:
- True point scanning confocal for maximum resolution, signal and penetration.
- A freely tunable detection range independent of the limits of fixed filter barriers.
- An Acousto Optical Tunable Filter (AOTF) tuning mechanism for minimizing cell damage and a motorized beam splitter for accurate and reproducible experimental design parameters.
- A unique Advanced Correction System (ACS) technology that compensates focus shifts from the objective to the detector without any further correction lens.
- A continuously adjustable and programmable pinhole aperture, which provides real time control over haze removal, Z resolution and light collecting allowing for image fine tuning.
- An ultra-high sensitive spectral detector for maximum signal efficiency.
- Leica Advanced Fluorescence (AF) software for auto-calibrated, intuitive, easy image capture and multi user environment.
- The ability to perform complex 2D to 4D motion tracking and co-localization analysis.
- Up to eight channels of image acquisition.
The intention of this notice is to seek sources that could potentially provide these items. If you are interested, and are capable of providing the required items, or another product that meets or exceeds these specifications please provide the requested information as indicated. Firms with interest and capability to respond to this requirement should develop short narrative capability statements and other information indicating and evidencing capability to successfully meet the aforementioned requirements. Responses to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions: (1) Is your business small (2) If small, does your firm qualify as a small, emerging, or small disadvantaged.
A determination to restrict this proposed contract is based solely within the discretion of the Government. This notice is NOT a request for competitive proposals. Formal responses to this announcement must be received by email no later than
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy